The Friends of Busse Woods volunteers work to restore a unique, rich, and diverse habitat. Join us at an ecological restoration workday. Activity varies by season and includes invasive plant control, seed collecting, and bird and frog monitoring.
The Calendar of Events contains the dates of restoration work days of the Busse Woods Stewards. Please register at the FPCC Volunteer Page for more details on each workday. Space may be limited due to location and activity. Groups of 10 or more please contact us to confirm space for your group.
- Participants should be able to be active outdoors for 2-3 hours and walk on uneven terrain
- All tools and onsite training will be provided
- Please arrive a few minutes before the workday begins
- Dress to be outdoors and to get dirty. Layers, long pants and long socks are recommended. Poison ivy and mosquitos are prevelant in Busse.
- Wear non-synthetic clothes, like cotton or wool. Weather permitting in the fall and winter, there will be a brush pile fire and hot embers can make holes in clothing
- Sturdy, closed-toe shoes are required. Absolutely no sandals
- Remember insect repellant and sun protection
- Bring a water bottle, light refreshments will be provided